SEXUAL ASSAULT CRISIS SERVICES
YWCA New Britain's Sexual Assault Crisis Service (SACS) covers a 46-town region - all of Hartford County, part of Tolland County and the town of Plymouth. We offer assistance to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones. These services are critical after such trauma, helping victims and their families regain feelings of independence, optimism and hope. The advocates on staff are trained to work with hospital staff, the court system, public safety officers and other counselors assisting their clients.
Statewide in English- 1-888-999-5545
En Español para Todo el Estado- 1-888-568-8332
Local New Britain- 860-223-1787
Local Hartford- 860-547-1022
SACS offers free, confidential service for victims of sexual assault, including:
- 24-hour English and Spanish confidential hotlines with immediate access to trained, certified counselors
- Bilingual and male counselors, and sign language interpreters available upon request
- Short-term, individual crisis counseling
- Support groups
- Counseling in school settings. Children may be referred by school faculty or parent/guardian.
- Accompaniment throughout medical, police and court procedures
- Information and referrals
- Campus advocacy
- Volunteer opportunities: State Certified Counselor training
The following guides may be useful resources, but they do not replace hotline or in-person counseling. If you are in crisis and need to speak to someone, please call the hotline.